Important Information - During Covid-19
- Due to Covid-19 and current guidelines we will no longer be issuing paper prescriptions.
- All prescriptions will be sent electronically to a nominated pharmacy.
- Unless advised otherwise, they will be sent to Abington Pharmacy as this is the closest pharmacy to the surgery. Alternatively you can still visit any pharmacy of your choice as long as you have the electronic code, which we can supply for you via sms/email/verbally.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
- If you have registered with SystmOnline then please click on the link below to order your prescription.
- If you are not registered online we would recomend that you contact our reception team to register for our online services. Click here In the meantime you can use the website link below.
- Please allow three working days for us to process your prescription request.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
If you do not have a nominated pharmacy, please set this up with a member of our reception team.
For more information please click here
Prescription requests can be made a week before your medication is due to run out. Some prescriptions may be post dated.
If you need to order your medication early for any reason, you will need to let us know why otherwise the request may not be processed. For example if you are going on holiday and will be away when you are due to renew your medication please let us know. We monitor all early requests to try to prevent wastage and over ordering of medication. Patients who repeatedly order early may be contacted by the surgery to find out why this is happening.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
As of 1st April 2020, these charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.