Covid & Flu Vaccinations 2023
Flu and Covid Vaccination Clinics 2023
Flu and Covid Autumn/Winter Clinics - We are still offering appointments for patients eligible.
We still have Flu and Covid clinics and invites have been sent to those eligible via text message or letter. Please click on the link you have been sent to book.
Those patients without a recorded mobile number at the surgery will have been be contacted by a member of the reception team to make an appointment, alternatively you can call the surgery after 12pm Monday - Friday and we will make the booking for you.
When attending for your flu appointment, you will be offered on arrival the option of having a covid vaccination at the same time if you are eligible.
Care Homes have been completed and Housebound patients will be completed by the end of October, there is no need to call us, we will be in touch to make you aware of when we are visiting.
We are also offering children aged 2 and 3 years of age an appointments and have sent out invites.
Those eligible for flu and Covid vaccine are as follows :
- those aged 65 years and over
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
- primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6) These will be done at school
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers and those that are employed by those who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants
Eligible school aged children will be offered their vaccination at school
How to help our clinics run smoothly when attending Abington Medical Centre:
- Please do not attend if you have a high temperature/fever
- Be prepared for the weather in the event you have to wait outside for a short period.
- Wear a short sleeved top so your arm is easily accessible.
- Turn up for your appointment at the time given to you.
- Cancel if you cannot attend so we can offer your appointment to someone else.